Wednesday, December 14, 2011

~ A Collection Of Antique And Vintage Santas ~

Now that our annual Christmas party has finally come to a end it is time to get back to blogging once again. We have missed many great Christmas post . So it looks like I better get a mug of hot cider and sit in front of the tree and start reading. Lol Just a warning if you don't like Santa very much there are a lot ahead in this post so be prepared. lol We have a collection of antique and vintage Santa's dating from the 1870's - 1950's. We started collecting them about 8 years ago. This Santa riding in the pine cone car dates to about the 50's or early 60's. He is from West Germany.







I found about 15 vintage 48 star silk flags at a shop here in town so I bought them and use them for the Belsnikles and Santa's who are missing their feather trees.











All of them except for two or three are from Germany and West Germany and also pre WW II Japan.











This little guy is ridding on this deer to go deliver gifts and he is holding a vintage flag.






This little guy above is made of celluloid during the late 20's or early 30's.






Here is Santa with a pair of skis this ins one of the early ones made in Japan during the 30's.







I like this hand made sleigh above it is a great folk art piece. And there is a belsnikle riding inside it. This is a German Santa and dates from about the late teens to early 20's.
We found this wooden bowl with the snow scene at another friends shop in Yucaipa.





This Santa above is riding a vintage putz pony and the Santa is a 1920's German Santa.






My favorites Santa's are the composition and paper mache Santa's from the 1870's - 1910.








The Christmas tip bucket is a fun little treasure with Santa in his sleigh and reindeer. It was probably a holiday gift from the early 1900's. And is a local peace from Upland Ca. It might of been a dry good store.








The other side of the mantle filled with some very early German Santa's.









I must apologize for the long post of Santa's but what can I say I just luv SANTA. Lol Thanks for stopping by today and wishing you all Happy Holidays............Tallulah Today I will be linking up to Colorado Lady for ~Vintage Thingie Thursday~ And also for ~ Vintage Inspiration Friday ~ and also over at ~ French Country Cottage ~ And also ~ Show And Tell Friday ~

11 comments:

  1. OMG! I just knew you would have wonderful, old, real Christmas. I love, love them. I am so glad you shared them with me and I so do appreciate them. Love the Santa on the deer. Merry, Merry, Happy,Happy, Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome collection of antique Santa's. I love and collect Santa's too. I don't have any real antique one's though. Hope you're doing good these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always have the best! collections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love your Vintage Santa collection!...........judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection...just love the one in the pine cone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful christmas decoration, like every year. the santa with the flag and glitter is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great holiday collection of Santa's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Santa too and you have an amazing collection! Thanks for sharing the photos and Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a adorable collection, i'm a bit jalous.
    Have a nice weekend,

    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing collection! I always love your Christmas displays. What a great idea to use the little flags with them! thanks so much for sharing them with us on VIF. Merry Christmas, guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! What a beautiful Collection you have! Thank you for letting us have a peek!

    Happy Christmas,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete