Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~ BEACH DAYS ~

I know it has been a while since our last visit with you all. But it has been busy in the garden and Summer seems to take all my time in the mornings. With all this heat we been having this Summer we decided it was time to bring out our vintage and antique beach related items and make a couple vignettes to share with all of you.

Here the bears are enjoying the vintage and antique sand pails that we found at a couple shops here in So Cal. One of them are from the 20s 40s and the 50s or 60s.









Here are a couple of antique postcards depicting ocean scenes. I like the one with the monkeys at the beach with there Victorian swim suits. They are too cute.








Here is a Victorian puzzle with a little girl at the beach with her best friend enjoying playing in the sand.







This pail is from the 1920s or 30s. It shows theses two children catching a starfish with there net. We used Spanish moss that we brought back from South Carolina as sea weed or did we buy it here in town wink wink? For the vignettes since the real thing will dry up quick and make a slimy mess. lol








In this pic we have this chalk ware mermaid from the 1920's which was a carnival prize that someone probably won at a country fair or maybe at the boardwalk?







Here is a little vignette with a child's plate with a couple little sailors from the late Victorian period. On the right side is an old ship book stand to keep books in place.







I hope you enjoyed the pic's and our little beach treasures. Hope you all stay cool with this hot Summer we are having this year. Have yourselves a very cool day and see you all later......Julian&Ray I will be linking up to ~ A Delightsome Life~ ~ A Stroll Through Life~ ~ Wow Us Wednesday~ ~ Vintage Thingie Thursday~

18 comments:

  1. You post reminded me of those happy days of childhood, when I made my own vignette after a day at the seaside.
    Love yours!
    Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian, Uncommon Objects is a really neat place to shop. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the wonderful post that you do, very unique style. Thanks for stopping by. Richard at My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julian & Ray,
    What a wonderful treat on this hot afternoon, I can almost feel the sand between my toes. As always your vintage vignettes are fantastic. With such artistic creations to gaze at one almost hears the surf just outside the window. Thanks for the beach thoughts today. – gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and precious..I especially love the Teddy bear vignettes with the chalkware doll.
    Always enjoy your posts and missed you!
    Stay cool
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of a faraway time and place that I have only known in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just adore all these beautiful vintage treasures. I love the childhood pails that gave us many hours of enjoyment along the sandy beaches. And the little sweet doll is my favorite. Just wonderful..
    ~Kindredly, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful treasures and creative vignettes!!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beach post.... and all of your sweet vignette's!!!
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Guys, love the old children's beach pails! Perfect for the bears to play with this time of year, thanks for sharing the inspiration! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day at the beach is just what the doctor ordered with all of this hot weather. The little beach pails are so cute and the puzzle is something I don't think I've ever seen. You have such a wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I loved seeing the vintage sand pails. I became interested in them last year. What a treat to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet beach theme items you have! I love the pails and would love to find one here. Really cute vignettes! ~ Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great selection of vintage garden things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your vignettes are adorable, so reminiscent of lovely times long ago.The bear with the spectacles has the sweetest face. Love the patriotic ones as well,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! You have won "Annie" from the Glitterfest blog Give-A-Way! Please contact Sheryl so Annie can be mailed to you! I think she will be very happy there! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. G'morn ~ I love your treasures but tha tlittle wee pink pail grabs me. It is wonderful.

    Would you be so kind to tell your friends to comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don't count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the teddybears and I will stay cool today!

    Helena//

    ReplyDelete