Saturday, September 10, 2011

~ Getting Ready For Fall ~

Hello friends, It's time we put away our summer display an start thinking about Fall. I have already noticed some of the local trees around us losing their leaves. We have missed everyone while we were away in the garden this past Spring and Summer we where working hard trying to beat the 104 degree temp, and enjoying the pleasures of gardening. I have read and seen a few of our friends blogs and on Facebook posting pictures of their Fall decorating ideals. So Raymond and I decided to decorate the mantle in the ladies hat room.
I pulled out the decorations from the cabinet and Raymond did all the decorating. He always does a great job on the vignettes. I help a little he just goes over what I do. lol




Raymond has these vintage ceramic pheasants that him and his mother found on a shopping trip they did together many years ago which go well with Fall decor. Do you rember those I think growing up ever house had a pair or at least my famliy did. We found this gourd at a local garage sale here in town.




Fall seems to hits So Cal a little later for us out here. But it has been fun bring out everything and get started on decorating.




I was able to find some pomegranates on an old abandoned tree in a field not far from our home. So I picked some for the display. I bet once a house sat there on the land and kids would pick them daily.








This American clock in the center of the mantle we found at a auction in Redlands a couple of years ago. It dates from about 1830's to about 1850's. I like the American eagle on the top of the clock. That is the main reason I purchased it and it still works.










We are so glad you stopped by for a visit today. Wishing you all a great week ahead.......Julian & Ray
Today I will be linking up to ~ The House In The Roses ~

~ Vintage Inspiration Friday ~




16 comments:

  1. Love your fall decor, and your clock is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad fall is on it's way, it's been so hot here in Texas. I'm so ready for some cooler weather!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clock is great and I love your display.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your summer gardening. I could do with you guys here as I have moved to an old cottage.(1500,s) with a big empty garden that needs lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us usual you allll have he most wonderful seasonal decorations. They are always so tasteful and antiquie.Thanks for sharing, Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time, no *see*! It's good to see a post from you, the vignette is so beautiful:)

    My husband and I just got back from a week in North Carolina. It's been nice and cool here since we got back and we even had thunderstorms on Saturday! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to see you both at the show!
    Love your fall decorations...the pomegranates
    always bring back memories of childhood and the ones you picked are such a beautiful color. Good grief that clock is absolutely beautiful!!Wishing you both a wonderful week!
    xx
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to find pomegranites!! Mantle looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. that clock is amazing and so so special...lovely decor
    Happy Autumn !
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julian and Ray! I am so glad you are sharing your beautiful Fall decor at my Open House party. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful seasonal changes.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! This is just amazing - the Pheasants are spectacular - and that clock! The vignette is wonderful for Fall! I am looking forward to getting started when I return home! Thank you for sharing your wonderful mantle with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful fall foliage and leaves on the mantle. I have a few of those partridges too, have to get them out! the mantle clock is really wonderful, thanks so much for joining in for VIF! hugs, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there~ your Fall decor is lovely and that clock is just beautiful! Great job!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. The pheasants are my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so awesome. It's cute how Raymond tweeks what you have put together..I'm one to do the same thing..always turning things just a little to the left or right LOL! and the whole look is perfect!
    Enjoy the cooler weather (if you have any)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many cool Halloween items! I know those babies are worth some money!

    ReplyDelete