Sunday, March 21, 2010

~Goodie's From Palm Springs~















Hi Friend's Hope you had a good time this weekend. Either gardening or out looking for treasures. Today I'm going to join in on the Today's Thrifty Treasure's party with Rhoda at ~ Southern Hospitality~ We went out looking for goodies and here is one item I found at an antique stores we stopped at in Palm Springs. I will post a few more pic's once I take them. We found a great Victorian cast iron chair, It's has the "Morning Glory" pattern. And an old fountain of a girl holding a duck. I think she is about 25-40 years old. Maybe a little older. I also found this great antique postcard with a Easter Rabbit holding an American Flag sitting in a basket with red white and blue eggs. We like to collect Holiday post cards with the American Flag when I can find them. I think, I will let this one lead the Vintage Easter party parade. The party is being hosted over at ~Anything Goes Here~ on March the 28. Hosted by Joan.
Thanks for visiting!!......Julian

9 comments:

  1. Great Finds! Lucky! Palm springs doesn't sound like a rough trip either :-) Love the girl with the duck... Gorgeous! Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds -- I love fountain statues (but alas, I don't want to overdo our garden so I'm not even looking!) and the chair is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Julian, thanks for linking up to the party. What great finds you have uncovered. Nice to meet you & I'm glad you stopped by.

    Just for future, when you link up to a party, add in your POST url & not just your blog url. CLick on the title of the post to get that url to link up. Just FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julian,
    Whow, that chair you have found, I love it. The Easter postcard is a beauty with your flag and the fountain fits very good in my garden;)

    Have a nice week and thank you for the comment on my blog.
    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julian, Thank you for stopping by! I love the fountain statue, it's adorable! I can't wait to see how you display it! The post card is great too... it's hard to believe people used to write by hand and actually send things in the mail. lol Have a great week! ~nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv you beautiful old chair...awesome find!

    BLESSINGS,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garden ornaments, the fountain especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cast iron chair is awesome. I need one by my rain barrels so I can sit while filling watering cans.

    ReplyDelete